Every mother wants her baby to sleep the whole night but this is not always the case. Waking up in the middle of the night because you baby is crying can be exhausting. Do not be alarmed this sleeping problems are normal for an eight month old baby, on average they spend per day sleeping up to 14 hours. Here we are going to give you some tips on how to make your baby sleep all night. Free life insurance quote to, and resources for, safe motherhood and newborn health.
• Make your baby’s room an ideal space for sleeping. For this you have to eliminate all noises which can present a threat to you baby’s nap. If you have a dog in the house make sure that you keep him away from the baby’s room and that he does not bark. Another thins that you should take into consideration are: putting you mobile phone into silent mood because you do not want your phone to ring as soon as you baby has fallen asleep and repair the crib if you have noticed that it squeaks.
• You can help your baby fall asleep faster if you play his some relaxing music. The relaxing music can include the sound of the ocean, a clock ticking or sound from an aquarium. Another good ideas is playing lullabies for you baby the whole time he is sleeping. Just record your baby’s favorite lullabies and play them when its time for bed. By playing this sound to you baby you are making him feel more comfortable.
• Put up a routine for your baby. By establishing a bedtime routine your baby will fall asleep faster and he will be able to make the difference between day and night. Do not let them sleep to much during the day because they will not be able to sleep all night. The routine should include: bathing, changing into dry and comfy clothes and reading him a story.
• One thing that could cause your baby’s refuse to sleep is teething. When babies teeth they suffer a lot of pain which is why they can not go to sleep. For this you should go to a doctor and ask him what you should do in order to reduce the pain.
• Another thing that could cause your baby’s refuse to sleep is strep throat. Strep throat causes fever, lymph nodes and problems while swallowing.
This is what you can do if you want your baby to fall asleep and stay asleep the whole night. Do not panic because you will get the hang of it eventually.